Delete (non-retrievable)/ kill (retrievable)
1. C-d forward delete a character 2. Delback backward delete a character
3. M-d forward kill a word 4. M-delback kill the word immediately before the cursor
5. C-k kills upto the end of the line not including the newline charcacter 6. C-u 0 C-k kills upto the beginning of the line not including newline character (You may replace "C-u 0" by "M-0", too)
7. M-k kills upto the end of the sentence 8. C-u -1 M-k kills upto the beginning of the current sentence
9. C-spc Set a mark at the current cursor position 10. C-w kill the region between the current cursor position and the previous mark set by C-spc.
1. C-x u 2. C-_ 3. C-/
2. C-y yank previous kill 3. M-y replace text inserted by previous C-y by the next entry in the "kill ring".
1. M-5 C-/ undo last 5 changes 2. M-2 C-y Yank last kill 5 times 3. C-x C-s Save all the changes in the current file.